plan your festival visit
The time for Brainwash Festival is fast approaching! You can find all the important information you need below.
travelling to the festival
- We advise coming to our festival by public transport or by bicycle. Are you coming by car? Then we recommend parking in the Q-Park Byzantium car park.
- You may have bought a ticket months ago and are now trawling through your inbox. The tickets were sent by Yourticketprovider. If you still can’t find it, go to ticketopvragen.nl to request a replacement ticket(s).
- You can exchange your ticket for a festival wristband on 29 October from 11h30 at Melkweg, Paradiso, Theater Bellevue and De Balie. This wristband gives you access to all festival programmes. Arriving at the festival later? From 14h30, you will only be able to pick up a wristband in De Balie. And please note: if you have purchased a student ticket, we will ask to see your student ID.
at the festival
- When picking up your wristband, you will receive our programme guide and schedule. This programme guide will be in Dutch. You can find all our programmes in English on this page and in our timetable.
- Brainwash Festival is made up of 60 discussions, performances and lectures. Each venue has a maximum capacity, so we can’t guarantee that you will always be able to get in. So make sure you arrive early to those programmes you really don’t want to miss.
- Finish your day with drinks and dancing at the afterparty in de Kring.
- If you have a disability we can take into account, let us know. All of our locations have wheelchair access except for de Kring. We are here to help, so mail us the details of where you need to be and we’ll be ready and waiting: email@example.com.
food and drinks
- You can get a drink at all the Brainwash Festival locations. There are also plenty of places on and around Leidseplein where you can get a quick meal or snack. Festival locations De Balie and De Smoeshaan (Bellevue) have restaurants. We can’t guarantee that there will always be tables available, so book in advance if you’re sure you want to eat there.