plan your festival visit
The time for Brainwash Festival is fast approaching! You can find all the important information you need below.
- Programme changes: with 64 programmes and more than 100 speakers last-minute changes are inevitable. Unfortunately Jason Hickel has COVID so won’t be able to attend in Colonizing the future, which now will be in Dutch. Karim Benammar will take his place at 17:30 in Melkweg Max with a new programme: Shaping a climate positive future. Oded Galor won’t be able to attend live due to health issues. He will participate online in The origins of inequality at 19:00 in Paradiso Grote Zaal.
- You may have bought a ticket months ago and are now trawling through your inbox. The tickets were sent by Yourticketprovider. If you still can’t find it, go to http://www.ticketopvragen.nl/to request a replacement ticket/tickets.
- We advise coming to our festival by public transport or by bicycle. Have to come by car? Then we recommend parking in the Q-Park Byzantium car park.
- You can exchange your ticket for a festival wristband on 30 October from 11h30 at Melkweg, Paradiso, Bellevue and De Balie. This wristband gives you access to all festival programmes. Arriving at the festival later? From 14h30, you will only be able to pick up a wristband in De Balie. And please note: if you have purchased a student ticket, we will ask to see your student ID.
- When arriving at the festival and picking up your wristband, you will be given a bag containing our programme guide and schedule. This programme guide will be in Dutch. You can find all programmes in English on our website.
- Brainwash Festival is made up of 64 discussions, performances and lectures. Each venue has a maximum capacity, so we can’t guarantee that you will always be able to get in. So make sure you arrive early to those programmes you really don’t want to miss.
- If you have a disability we can take into account, let us know. All of our locations have wheelchair access except for Club Up/de Kring. We are here to help, so mail us the details of where you need to be and we’ll be ready and waiting: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You can get a drink at all the Brainwash Festival locations. There are also plenty of places on and around Leidseplein where you can get a quick meal or snack. MILK, the café in de Melkweg, also has a food menu. Festival locations De Balie and De Smoeshaan (Bellevue) have restaurants. We can’t guarantee that there will always be tables available, so book in advance if you’re sure you want to eat there.
- Bring your festival to a swinging close at the afterparty in de Kring, where DJ Joost van Bellen and DJ Shady Lady will be spinning deep into the night!
Have any questions for us? Let us know at email@example.com.